Director of Life Enrichment
- Are you passionate about creating purpose and positivity for others?
- Do you naturally have high energy and connect with people?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
The Director of Life Enrichment position will be asked to plan, coordinate, and direct resident activity program utilizing resources of the community. This position will also recruit, supervise and support staff and volunteers. They will conduct activities in accordance with resident preferences and physician’s orders. This position will also participate in the development and implementation of the assessment process and resident care plan and maintain necessary required records and documentation.
- Organize programs for group and individual activities based on residents individualized needs as identified in residents’ service plans
- Maintain a balance of recreational activities including physical, social, religious, diversities, intellectual, and creative arts and crafts
- Select residents for activity participation according to each resident’s activity interest, needs, and potential
- Maintain adequate activity supplies and equipment to meet needs and interests of residents, ensure materials are available to residents
- Prepare and present monthly report on progress of activity program
- Responsible for transportation of residents within the community from one area to another area where activities may occur
- Participate in outside community planning related to interest of the community and arrange for the use of outside community facilities for the residents’ use
- Recruit, orient, and supervise volunteer programs; maintain records of volunteer programs, and communicate community’s volunteer needs to the outside community
- All other duties as assigned
- Communicate residents’ program to residents, resident’s families, volunteers, and community staff
- Identify and evaluate personal, emotional, and environmental concerns that prevent or limit the resident’s wellness care
- Formulate written plans of care for each resident; review and update plan of care according to established policies
- Record continuing progress notes on resident’s activities and response of resident to activity program
- Give assistance or help in locating and arranging for services of other professionals or agencies to solve problems and needs of residents
- Participate regularly in care conferences with care department, and other staff to assist in better understanding resident and his/her family
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of an familiarity with handcrafts, skills, games, other activities, and vendors of supplies and equipment;
- Familiarity with the community, social agencies, contacts with clubs and groups
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Assisted Living Residence licensed for 20-49 residents
- 6 months experience in providing structured resident engagement offerings or have completed or are enrolled in an equivalent education and/or training program
- Assisted Living Residence licensed for 50 or more residents
- 1 year of experience or equivalent education and/or training in providing structured resident engagement offerings
- Knowledgeable in evaluating resident needs, supervising other staff and in training volunteers
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Reference #: 85B1C690C58561E14248C43B5B2518BA