Director of Memory Care
Director of Memory Care
- Do you enjoy creating and executing a strategy for sales growth?
- Are you able to connect with and build relationships with people quickly?
- Do you excel at managing multiple priorities?
- Are you able to solve problems quickly on your feet and think of multiple solutions to the outcome?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
The Director of Memory Care is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and coordinating of the Assisted Living Apartments to ensure quality care for residents; be knowledgeable of and implement federal, state and local regulations for a safe and engaging experience for the residents, personnel, and physical environment.
- Oversees the Memory Care Unit and directs the day-to-day functions of staff
- Manages labor costs, supplies and other line items in department budget
- Meets with staff and support personnel to plan and schedule shifts, services, programs and activities
- Provide care to residents, including but not limited to: Completion of care assessments and resident care plans, discussing changes in resident condition with physicians, introduce interventions to reduce falls based on individual resident needs, etc.
- Directly supervises up to 40 employees. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws.
- Direct resident well-being according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of care and adequate staffing
- Accountable for timely assessments and accurate care plans in the electronic health record, plus communication with Business Office Manager any additional care given for accurate resident billing
- Facilitate initial and on-going training for caregiving team members as well as other community team members as necessary and as applicable based on State-specific regulations
- In conjunction with the community’s multidisciplinary team, coordinate the resident admission process including screening, assessment, care planning and team assignments
- Ensure appropriate delivery of services as identified in resident care plans by delegating and communicating verbal and written expectations to caregiving team members
- Collaborate with external services providers to ensure the most appropriate and highest level of service is provided to each resident
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, FDA and Fire safety standards relative to clinical systems and resident care
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served
- The changes associated with dementia illnesses, how they affect the individual’s ability to function, and the adaptive strategies that help maintain a resident’s remaining abilities
- At least three years of management experience in an assisted living, long term care or hospital setting;
- Candidates will be considered with caregiver certifications beneficial to the community and management experience
- Prefer two (2) years’ experience working with persons with dementia
- Adult First Aid and CPR certification
- Associate’s degree in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, or Gerontology is preferred
- Colorado Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP) qualification (for individuals that are not licensed in nursing)
WellAge is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference #: 27F416DD8B0BFD953C5DC4B3CBF22122