Food and Nutrition Aide
Food and Nutrition Aide
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Are you passionate about building relationships and connections with people?
- Do you like to collaborate and work as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about delivering high quality service?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Food and Nutrition Aide’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance in all food functions following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. The person in this role is entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dining Services Director in order to assist in food preparation, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
- Assist in cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment and floors, dishes and utensils
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment
- Wear protective clothing and equipment when handling infectious waste and/or blood/body fluids
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties
- Assist cook in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures
- Set up and deliver meal trays, food carts, etc., to designated areas
- Assist in checking meal plates/trays before distribution
- Serve food in dining room as instructed
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary
- Prepare and deliver snacks as instructed
- Work closely with other kitchen staff and other dietary aides
- Provide good customer service to residents to ensure the best dining experience
- Take orders, serve food and drinks, remove dinnerware from table in timely fashion
- Help with food preparation and cleaning duties
- Help create and maintain the dining ambiance for residents
- Transmits resident’s food orders to the kitchen, identify residents special dietary needs and requests
- Adhere to sanitation and safety requirements in the kitchen and dining room
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service training programs as scheduled
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that may become necessary
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information
- Maintains a liaison with other department directors to adequately plan for food services/activities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Properly use supplies and maintain equipment; follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience:None, on the job training provided; experience in the food industry preferred