- Are you passionate about making people look and feel amazing?
- Do you love to create a fun and memorable experience for others?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Do you naturally love to care for people?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
As a hair stylist you will build relationships and bolster the self-image of those living in our community. You will help enrich the lives of seniors through elevating their self-image. This role serves clients by preparing, conditioning and styling their hair. The person in this role will be classified as an independent contractor.
- Prepares hair for styling by analyzing hair conditions, shampooing and treating hair
- Produce desired effect by arranging, shaping, curling, cutting, trimming, setting, bleaching, dyeing and tinting hair
- Recognize problems of the hair or scalp and recommended appropriate treatment
- Advise clients on their haircare needs
- Trim, cut and shave hair using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors
- Develop new styles and techniques
- Maintain work stations and sanitize tools and equipment
- Schedule client appointments
- Maintain and update client records
- Process payments from clients
- Maintain supplies by checking stock, anticipating needs, placing order, verifying receipt
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards and legal regulations
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Attend regular staff meetings and trainings
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Must have knowledge of hair products and tools; must have skills to work with all different types and styles of hair
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience: Three-year experience as a hair stylist; one-year experience working with the elderly
License: Colorado cosmetology license and professional liability insurance required