- Are you perfectionistic and like things just so?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Is managing multiple things at one time easy for you?
- Do you like to supervise and help others grow?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
The Housekeeping Supervisor will supervise, hire, train, schedule, and evaluate departmental employees. The person in this role will purchase stock and distribute supplies and equipment and perform duties of personnel in each department. They will ensure the community is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner, ensure that resident and community laundry is properly washed, dried, weighed, and handled.
- Supervise day-to-day housekeeping/laundry functions of assigned personnel
- Coordinate daily housekeeping/laundry services with care department when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident-living and/or common areas
- Assure that all resident and community laundry is properly washed, dried, folded, hung and stored
- Understand functions of various soaps, bleaches, softeners, and other chemicals and train and orient assigned personnel in the proper techniques and use of these substances
- Recognize various fabrics and know proper laundry procedures and train and orient assigned personnel to handle the various fabrics accordingly
- Assure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, comfortable, and attractive manner
- Assure that an adequate supply of housekeeping/laundry supplies are maintained
- Conduct daily inspections of assigned work areas to assure cleanliness and sanitary conditions are maintained promoting process improvement and developing standards
- Assist in developing procedures for performing daily housekeeping/laundry tasks
- Assist in the orientation and training of housekeeping/laundry department personnel
- Train and orient assigned personnel in the proper techniques of mixing chemicals, cleaning, disinfectants, solutions, cleaning methods, use of equipment, etc., at directed
- Assure that personnel are performing assigned tasks in accordance with established housekeeping/laundry procedures
- Assure that housekeeping/laundry personnel follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and using equipment and supplies
- Assure that fire protection and prevention programs are maintained by department personnel in accordance with the fire-safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Properly use supplies and maintain equipment
- Follow written and oral instructions concerning the mixture of cleaning compounds, liquids, cleaning instruction, etc.
- Understands proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- One-year experience in a senior living or hospitality industry (preferred)
Job Reference #: A40E1669DC93AD5E03D9A866CE2FD628