Life Enrichment Associate
Life Enrichment Associate
- Are you passionate about creating purpose and positivity for others?
- Do you naturally have high energy and connect with people?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Life Enrichment Associate position will be asked to plan, coordinate, and direct resident activity program utilizing resources of the facility and community. This position will also recruit, supervise and support staff and volunteers. They will conduct activities in accordance with physician’s orders. This position will also participate in the development and implementation of the assessment process and resident care plan and maintain necessary required records and documentation.
The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning programs for group and individual activities based on residents individualized needs as identified in residents’ service plan and activity preferences
- Maintain a balance of recreational activities including physical, social, sensory, religious, diversities, intellectual, and creative arts and crafts
- Ensure group activities are scheduled and on time, to provide for maximum involvement by interested residents
- Select residents for activity participation according to each resident’s activity interest, needs, and potential
- Coordinate scheduled activities with other departments
- Assist in the preparation and post monthly activities calendars indicating scheduled activities and times for coming months which reflect interests identified by the comprehensive assessment, offer activities at hours convenient to the residents (morning, afternoon, occasional evening and weekends)
- Maintain adequate activity supplies and equipment to meet the needs and interests of residents, ensure materials are available to residents
- Prepare and present monthly report on progress of activity program
- Maintain monthly bulletin board indicating future activities, holiday themes, or picture review of past activities
- Assist residents with mail, and address and post outgoing mail upon the resident’s request
- Responsible for transportation of residents within the community from one area to another area where activities may occur
- Participate in outside community planning related to interest of the community and arrange for the use of outside community facilities for the residents’ use
- Orient volunteers in the community
- Participate in in-service program of the facility
- Plan events and activities for residents
- Communicate residents’ program to residents, resident’s families, volunteers, and facility staff
- Identify and evaluate personal, emotional, and environmental concerns that prevent or limit the resident’s full use of medical, nursing, and restorative care
- Formulate written plans of care for each admitted resident; review and update service plan according to established policies
- Record continuing progress notes on resident’s activities and response of resident to activity program
- Give assistance or help in locating and arranging for services of other professionals or agencies to solve problems and needs of residents
- Participate regularly in care conferences with nurses, and other staff to assist in better understanding resident and his/her family; prepare for meetings with Health Care Team by reviewing resident’s previous care plan, MDS, and assessment, talking with resident to be reviewed (or a family member if resident is unable to comprehend concepts of care planning), and is prepared to discuss resident’s progress
- Maintain all records related to resident activities
- Record Section 1 of the Minimum Date Set (MDS) activity pursuits’ portion, and resident’s activity interest and activity-needs assessment after completing the MDS record resident’s initial activities-health-care- plan
- Prepare for meetings with Health Care Team by reviewing resident’s previous care plan, MDS, and assessment, talking with resident to be reviewed (or a family member if resident is unable to comprehend concepts of care planning), and is prepared to discuss resident’s progress and makes appropriate entries in resident’s medical record
- Make entries on residents’ health-care plan as required by resident’s condition
- Recognize abnormal signs and symptoms which may signify a physical change in resident’s condition that could require nursing intervention. Report same to Health Services Director immediately
- Provide motivation for participation in Residents Council and schedule a time and place for meetings and document meeting minutes
- Developing standards
- Promoting process improvement
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of special needs and limitations of elderly; methods and techniques used to include residents and involve them in activities; alert to attitudes and feelings of residents; knowledge of a familiarity with handcrafts, skills, games, other activities, and vendors of supplies and equipment; familiarity with the community, social agencies, contacts with clubs and groups, and knowledge of sources of materials and local services; understanding and self-discipline to relate sensitively to residents’ needs and feelings.
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE:
- This is a full-time hourly position with benefits
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted Colorado driver’s license