Life Enrichment Associate
- Are you passionate about creating purpose and positivity for others?
- Do you naturally have high energy and connect with people?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and part of a high performing team?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
The Life Enrichment Associate position will be asked to plan, coordinate, and direct resident activity programs utilizing resources of the community. This position will also recruit, supervise and support staff and volunteers.
- Assist in planning programs for group and individual activities based on residents individualized needs as identified in residents’ service plan and activity preferences
- Maintain a balance of recreational activities including physical, social, sensory, religious, diversities, intellectual, and creative arts and crafts
- Ensure group activities are scheduled and on time, to provide for maximum involvement by interested residents
- Select residents for activity participation according to each resident’s activity interest, needs, and potential
- Coordinate scheduled activities with other departments
- Assist in the preparation and post monthly activities calendars indicating scheduled activities and times for coming months which reflect interests identified by the comprehensive assessment, offer activities at hours convenient to the residents (morning, afternoon, occasional evening and weekends)
- Maintain adequate activity supplies and equipment to meet the needs and interests of residents, ensure materials are available to residents
- Maintain monthly bulletin board indicating future activities, holiday themes, or picture review of past activities
- Assist residents with mail, and address and post outgoing mail upon the resident’s request
- Responsible for transportation of residents within the community from one area to another area where activities may occur
- Participate in outside community planning related to interest of the community and arrange for the use of outside community facilities for the residents’ use
- Orient volunteers in the community
- Plan events and activities for residents
- Communicate residents’ program to residents, resident’s families, volunteers, and facility staff
- Identify and evaluate personal, emotional, and environmental concerns that prevent or limit the resident’s full use of medical, nursing, and restorative care
- Give assistance or help in locating and arranging for services of other professionals or agencies to solve problems and needs of residents
- Maintain all records related to resident activities
- All other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of special needs and limitations of elderly; methods and techniques used to include residents and involve them in activities;
- Knowledge of a familiarity with handcrafts, skills, games, other activities, and vendors of supplies and equipment
- Understanding and self-discipline to relate sensitively to residents’ needs and feelings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer at least two years of experience in a senior living community
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer