- Are you an individual who has a passion for details?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Are you effective at communicating with others?
- Are you a perfectionist and like things just so?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Maintenance Assistant will provide the necessary maintenance of the building, equipment, and conduct maintenance and repairs as requested by staff and residents. The person holding this position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures. In this role you will report to the Environmental Services Director.
- Replace float units in community toilets and washers and unclog drains and remove sink traps for cleaning
- Replace and clean air filters in air-conditioning and heating units, washers, dryers, extractors, water systems, vents, and exhaust fans in bathrooms and over stoves
- Repair windows, screens, shades, blinds, and curtain and drapery rods
- Repair doors, hinges, handles, and locks
- Repair lawn mowers, stoves, ovens, washers, dryers, floor machines, ice machines, etc.
- Replace light bulbs, fuses, ballasts, circuit breakers, extension cords, electric plugs, bed-call cords, pull chains, emergency-call system cords, electrical outlets, etc.
- Repair beds, wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches, hand rails, railings, grab bars, towel bars, soap dishes, and water/bath sprays
- Paint walls, ceilings, doors, window and door frames, tables, chairs, shelves, racks, and parking space stripes
- Build and construct shelves, racks, tables, benches, foot stools, and bulletin boards
- Repair maintain, and paint closets, rods, shelves, bedside tables, drawers, and closet doors
- Replace smoke detectors, sprinkler heads, and mixing valves
- Repair and replace gutters, downspouts, and drains
- Repair minor roof leaks
- Maintain all tools in good working order
- Replace ceiling and floor tile
- Maintain and repair lawn furniture and outside decor such as fountains, lights, etc.
- Maintain a well-organized, clean, neat workshop and tool room
- Consider safety first and never extend beyond knowledge and experience
- Clean up after every job and test the equipment to be assured it is in proper working order
- Conduct and supervise required fire drills
- Work cooperatively with all departments, staff and residents
- All other duties as assigned
- Use job orders, purchase orders, and work orders
- Report accidents/incidents to Maintenance Director
- Complete routine maintenance inspections throughout the building
- Maintain current knowledge of all emergency call, Wi-Fi, systems, etc.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to use tools and equipment to repair and construct
- Knowledge and ability to work on plumbing systems, electrical systems, alarm systems, appliances, household and commercial stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, air-conditioning and heating units
- Ability to read and understand specifications, plans, corrections, and state and federal standards and safety requirements
EDUCATON AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience: One year of experience preferred