Qualified Medication Administration Person (QMAP)
- As you passionate about working with people?
- Do you like to deliver high quality service?
- Do you naturally love to care for people?
- Are you an individual that takes responsibility and follows through on details?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
The primary responsibility of the QMAP position is to meet the daily personal care needs of residents with professionalism, dignity and respect following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities.
- Order, store and assist with medications according to community policy and procedure, and current physician orders
- Maintain, transcribe and document in the Medication Administration Record according to community policy and procedure
- Reorder medications as needed or notify the designated staff member using appropriate protocols when there is a need for reordering medications
- Accurately report medication refusals to designated supervisor and notify physician as directed for refusal of medications
- Perform vital signs as ordered and follow prescribed parameters in administering medications
- Ensures that proper documentation occurs timely
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as grooming, bathing and dressing, as requested by residents or directed by supervisor
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control and universal precautions
- May be asked to provide assistance to residents in Assisted Living and/or Memory Care
- Responsible for cleaning common areas, occupied and vacant apartments, and perform laundry services in accordance with Community policies and procedures
- Perform all other duties as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma/GED
- 6-months experience in a senior living environment (preferred)
- Valid Adult Basic First Aid and CPR Certification
- Current medication administration qualification from approved state agency
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer