- Are you passionate about managing multiple priorities?
- Do you get excited about caring for and helping people?
- Do you like to deliver high quality care?
- Do you get excited working as a high-performing individual and as part of a high performing team?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
The primary responsibility of the Resident Assistant position is to meet the daily personal care needs of residents with professionalism, dignity and respect following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern assisted living communities. You are entrusted to ensure that the highest degree of quality care can be provided to our residents at all times.
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as grooming, bathing and dressing, as requested by residents or directed by supervisor
- Attends to the personal care needs of residents in a timely manner
- Regularly review, follow, and adhere to residents’ service plans
- Document and report care provided and resident observations
- Monitors the safety and well-being of residents
- Reports changes in resident status, health or otherwise to supervisor
- Demonstrate knowledge of infection control and universal precautions
- May be asked to provide assistance to residents in Assisted Living and/or Memory Care
- Deal tactfully when personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors
- Relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the community
- Attends, participates and contributes to monthly staff meetings addressing resident, departmental and community needs
- Responsible for cleaning common areas, occupied and vacant apartments, and perform laundry services in accordance with Community policies and procedures
- Not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- Perform all other duties as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED (preferred).
- 6-months experience in a senior living community (preferred).
- Valid Adult Basic First Aid and CPR Certification (preferred).
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer