Wellage - Housekeeper - Emerald Square
Join our team today!
The primary responsibility of your job position is to perform day-to-day activities in meal preparation, laundry, and housekeeping of kitchen and common areas following the current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long term care and assisted living facilities. The homemaker may be involved in activities if time permits which may include: arts and crafts, gardening, bingo or games, exercise, or other interests of the residents. You are entrusted to follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Guide, to assure that our home is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
* Ensure that work and cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
* Performing routine cleaning assignments in the houses.
* Remove trash/wash out trash receptacles on a regular basis.
* Replenish supplies at the end of shift in preparation for next day's use.
* Inform Housekeeping Coordinator in each house of supply or equipment needs.
* Keeps storage areas locked with supplies properly stored according to established procedures.
Conduct prep work for meals utilizing kitchen equipment.
* Follow the menu and prep sheets; follow directions to prepare meals.
Report any damaged or loose fixtures, flooring, or tiling requiring replacement or repair, any unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, any conditions conducive to breeding insects, rodents or other vermin.
* Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning.
* Answers to the needs of residents and fulfill basic requests (no hands on care).
* Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident care information including protected health information.
Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
* Perform all other duties, as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education
On-the-job training provided
Dietary, housekeeping in a long term care environment is preferred
WellAge is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular